Sunday, July 10, 2011

This is how the sun shines.

Last night after getting back from Seoul I was in a mood for a movie. As I paged through my DVDs I saw an old favorite, "Little Miss Sunshine."

As I watched this movie again I thought about what made it so great. Usually in movies there is a problem and then it is solved and everyone is happy. In this movie all the problems of the characters were still there in the end, but they kept on. It showed a part of this families life and their struggles with living and with each other.

I guess the main thing I like is how real it is to life. It shows people at their best and worse. It shows that lifes problems can't be solved in an instant, but sometimes we do something right and then our problems seem less for a bit.

Sometimes it is good to have those movies that give us the "awwww I'm happy cause the boy got the girl and they are together," or the "Yay! The hero killed the bad guy!" Then it is good to have those movies, that show a bit of ourselves in them.

---------

No comments:

Post a Comment